May 1


Mayday, Mayday, SOS, Mayday!!!!!!

And how stupid of me, that I actually had to look this up, that I couldn't work it out for myself, that I needed assistance. 

M'aidez! M'aidez!






Amber pages


MAY DAY v LABOUR DAY


When and how did the"pagan" rites of Ishtar, the ancient fertility goddess who traversed west out of Babylon and Persia, becoming, in this geographical order, Esther, Ashtoreth, Sarah, Astarte, Isis, Guinevere, Easter... 


Albert and Victoria, May 12 1842






how did that get turned on its head and become the great proletarian festival of liberation?


and why is this picture here, when it clearly states "May 12 1842"? (May Day + the 11 days of the switch to the Gregorian Calendar? Maybe.)






1881: Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, French philosopher, born. I had never heard of him until I found this on an almanac. Why have I never heard of him? Should I have heard of him?


1931: Empire State Building dedicated. Yes, but to whom?


1945: Paul Josef Goebbels, Nazi minister of propaganda, killed himself
and his family - but this belongs with Hitler, either on April 30 or May 2. GER either way.





And today in 1961, Francis Gary Powers was shot down where he should not have been, spying on the Soviets inside their air-space, in a U-2 plane. He survived, was put on trial, and sentenced to 10 years in prison, but released within months in a spy-swap for Rudolf Ivanovich Abel, who was really Bill Fisher of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. God help me if that's not the honest truth! 












You can find David Prashker at:


Copyright © 2018 David Prashker
All rights reserved
The Argaman Press



No comments:

Post a Comment